Sometimes the things you need most are the things you don’t know you need. In our experience, breach of contract is one of the most common insurance claims in your industry. So it’s important to realise that many insurers don’t cover this as standard. As experts in IT insurance, we do.
Whether it’s a misunderstanding over contract deliverables, a software bug or loss/damage of client data, your business could suffer financial loss if an unhappy client decides to sue, even if you are not at fault.
Making your business safer
Hiscox Professional Indemnity provides cover for liabilities that arise from professional advice or services you provide. With our specialist knowledge of your industry, it is designed to meet the cost of defending claims made against you, including any damages you may have to pay.
Other risks that you’re protected for include:
- Unintentional breach of a written contract to supply hardware or software
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
- Client documents that are lost, stolen or damaged – this includes data
- Defamation claims (also known as libel and slander)
- Claims arising from work undertaken prior to the start of the policy which come to light after the policy has started
Making your life simpler
We provide an online quote and buy service subject to your insurance requirements. This offers the option to pay for your policy online and download the policy documentation immediately.
Whether you work from home or a business premises, you can add a range of other covers your business may need to your professional indemnity policy, including Public and Employer’s liability, ‘all-risks’ office contents and computers, portable equipment, business interruption, legal expenses and more.
In addition, you also benefit from:
- Flexible interest-free monthly, quarterly or annual direct debit payments
- Continuous policies means there are no lengthly forms to complete to renew each year – you just need to review your current cover and advise us if you needs have changed.
- Free access to a Commercial and Legal helpline – for advice on contract, employment and other business matters
Policies start from around £15.40 per month for £25,000 of cover (depending on your turnover) however you can choose to insure for up to £2 million at a maximum turnover level of £750,000. If your turnover is higher than £750,000, please contact us on 0845 213 8900 for a bespoke quotation over the phone.
With our specific cover that you can tailor to your industry, you know exactly what you’re paying for.
Policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd, both of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.