It is a requirement for all accredited energy assessors to have professional indemnity insurance and to join a certified scheme. Hiscox has developed a professional indemnity insurance policy to meet the risks you face in this new and fast-growing professional trade.
The Hiscox policy is tailored towards professionals working in domestic and non-domestic energy assessing and home information pack (HIP) provision. It protects energy assessors and home inspectors from claims brought against you by clients because of problems with work you have done for them.
What does Hiscox Energy Assessors Professional Indemnity Insurance cover?
You will be covered for:
- negligence; where you have failed in your duty of care to a client, perhaps giving incorrect advice or making a mistake in your work
- disputes referred for arbitration by an independent third-party appointed by the certification scheme of which you are a member
- any civil liability; this means that if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered
- infringement of intellectual property rights like copyright or trademark
- client documents that are lost, stolen or damaged in your care, including data
Making your life simpler
You also benefit from:
- Online quotations and purchase; download your documents straight away
- Additional options: Public and Employer’s liability, Office Insurance, Legal expenses, and more
- Flexible payments: interest-free monthly, quarterly or annual direct debit payments
- Continuous policies means there are no lengthly forms to complete to renew each year – you just need to review your current cover and advise us if you needs have changed.
- Commercial and Legal helpline – Free advice on contract, employment and other business matters
Policies start from around £15.40 per month for £25,000 of cover (depending on your turnover) however you can choose to insure for up to £2 million at a maximum turnover level of £750,000. If your turnover is higher than £750,000, please contact us on 0845 213 8900 for a bespoke quotation over the phone.
With our specific cover that you can tailor to your industry, you know exactly what you’re paying for.
Policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd, both of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.