At Hiscox, we use our specialist knowledge to design cover suited to the specific risks your industry may face. Whether you work from home, are based at a client’s office or have a business premises, our Office insurance is available to buy online subject to your insurance requirements and you can choose how much cover and what type to suit your needs.
We provide 'all-risks' cover for your contents and computers. This means we cover all eventualities while clearly listing the few exclusions. You can also add a range of other covers to your office policy:
- Public liability - to protect your business from any third party claims for injury or damage to property e.g. a courier tripping over a computer cable and injuring his back
- Employers' liability - a legal requirement if your business has any employees
- Portable equipment - £25,000 world wide cover as standard for laptops and other equipment
- Legal expenses - up to £100,000 of cover to cover your company against financial loss should a Client decide to sue you.
- Business interruption - compensates for loss of earnings following insured property damage eg. a flood or fire or major theft.
- Buildings - cover for any building owned by your business for fire, flood etc. plus accidental damage
Making your life simpler
We provide an online quote and buy service with the option to pay for your policy online and download your policy documentation immediately, subject to your insurance requirements.
You can also add industry specific professional indemnity cover to your office policy.
In addition, you benefit from:
- Flexible interest-free monthly, quarterly or annual direct debit payments
- Continuous policies means there are no lengthy forms to complete to renew each year – you just need to review your current cover and advise us if your needs have changed.
- Free access to a Commercial and Legal helpline – for advice on contract, employment and other business matters
Because the specialist cover you choose is industry specific, you’ll be able to see exactly what you’re paying for.
Policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd, both of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.