Quote tailored to your needs in minutes
Being a contractor carries certain obligations and legal responsibilities.
You have a financial responsibility to your client for errors that you make. Although claims against contractors are rare, they do happen and the claims can be very high!
Important factors to consider:
- Clients have a legal recourse at law to claim for mistakes/negligence by contractors.
- In most cases an agency contract will not protect you.
- The majority of clients legally require you to have some level of Professional Indemnity Insurance , which supports your independent status.
- Office Insurance provides expenses cover to legally defend or pursue your rights, and liability insurance which protects damage to both your own and clients property or equipment.
Having insurance cover fully protects you and provides you with peace of mind.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Accountants
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Business consultants
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Energy assessors
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - IT consultants
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Marketing and media
- Our Guide to Professional Indemnity
- Our Guide to Public Liability Insurance
- Our Guide to Business Insurance for IT Professionals
- Our Guide to Small Business Insurance