We’re the voice of the self-employed in the UK. All 4.8 million of them. We represent over 68,000 contractors, interims and consultants from every sector of the economy. IPSE is a non-for-profit organisation owned and run by its members.
By producing insightful, hard-hitting research and effective policy campaigns, we fight for better legislation to help independent professionals run their businesses and ultimately, ensure our economy remains one of the most flexible in the world.
We are here to give the self-employed the help they need to run their businesses with peace of mind. We exist to serve our members; they get free tax and legal advice, IR35 Contract Review service, cover for sickness and jury duty,
subsidies on trusted support providers and a whole lot more. You can find out more here.
2016 has been one of the most important periods in IPSE’s 17-year history, with our achievements ranging from repeat visits to Downing Street to our first ever Policy Conference attracting key decision-makers from Westminster.
2017 and beyond will see us continue in our strong representation to government representing the needs of contractors, interims, and the self-employed.
Why join IPSE?
- Protect - If you are faced with a tax investigation we will help defend and protect your business, saving you thousands if the unexpected happens
- Futures - Plan for the future by joining our pension, life assurance and medical cover schemes at reduced rates
- Advantages – Access fantastic discount offers from a variety of stores such as Apple, PC World and an amazing 25% discount from 123Reg and Microsoft.
- Representation - We lobby on your behalf to make sure your voice is heard in both government and across the industry
- Library - Access an array of resources, such as business templates, etc. to make working as an independent professional that little bit easier
- Academy – Up skill and progress your career with our discounted courses provided by leading training providers
For more information about IPSE membership click here