Senior C#.NET Web Developer
Location: Norwich – Little Melton (2 mins from A47 junction)
Salary: Circa £30K
Job type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP. Will wait for right person.
Date Posted: 23rd September 2016
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Flexible working.
Your core role will be to work in conjunction with a systems developer to port the existing site to latest technologies and standards and then move onto exciting new green field development projects whilst we expand our offerings and diversify. This involves additional websites and potentially some mobile applications.
We are seeking a bright individual who is able to work on their own and in a team, learn new technologies quickly, and is heavily focused on the detail and delivering well written, high quality working systems.
Time can be allocated for self-training, training course, and attending conferences, when it meets the needs of the business. R&D and trying out new technologies is encouraged.
You’ll be working closely with the founder of the business, who is also technical, having developed commercial software for 20+ years, mainly leading
teams of agile developers in the City of London, before then using those technical skills to build an online business.
We understand technology, and are technology led, not sales led. We only build high quality software, and are obsessed with architecture, structure, DevOps and process.
Automated testing with 100% test code coverage is mandatory.
If you are fed up of working for a firm that just doesn’t respect the art of professional programming and how things should really be done, then you really should consider working for us.
We despise technical debt and only hire developers who are passionate about building things properly.
- Superb C#.NET, Entity Framework, SQL Server.
- ASP.NET / MVC.
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS – tweaking existing, not designing.
- Object-Orientated Design and Development (OOAD).
- Design Patterns: Inversion of Control (Autofac), Model-View-Controller, etc.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD): NUnit (or similar), Moq.
- Cloud services: Ideally Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Source Control - TFS. Working within a professional team based environment.
- DevOps experience: Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Previous experience developing commercial software.
- Full project life cycle experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Good team player.
- Educated to degree level. Science based degree preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly combined with a tenacious personality
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working on own
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Web analytics.
- Page optimisation techniques.
- REST API experience - Facebook & Twitter
- Experience with frameworks such as jQuery and Bootstrap.
Full background checks will be completed and references will be followed up with your previous employers.
Interested? Then email Dave Chaplin on email@example.com.